Saturday 14 May 2011

Nature Interlude

Flora and Fauna of the North
Below is pictured an aminal which appears common in these parts - an local person advised that I was incorrect in referring to them as mini-sheep, sheeplets or kittens ; apparently they are called "limbs". Naturally I took his information with a pinch of salt particularly when he described a process by which the "limb" emerges fully formed from the back end of an ewe and proceeds to consume some elixir from said ewes rudders. I can confirm however that the limbs are skittish, easily distracted and utterly flightless, although I think the wings may appear at a later date after the "limb" emerges from its cocoon as a fully formed Sheep. Although a city boy I am learning quickly,although I am confused as to why my sightings of a Lion near Pattrdale were so quickly dismissed .


No comments:

Post a Comment